CIRCA:McIntyre Fountain


Jump to: navigation, search

This park and fountain were named in honour of Dr. Wilbert McIntyre who was the first member of parliament for Strathcona. The original fountain was installed on the median in the middle of 104 St and 83 Ave in 1913 and took a few hits in the busy traffic in the area. It was in 1952 that a car crashed into the fountain knocking it completely off it's base and destroying it. The replica was paid fo by donations to the Old Strathcona Foundation and was installed in a much safe spot in the park in 1991. There is one major different between the original and replica fountains: The original fountain had the bowls for dogs, a human drinking fountain, and water troughs for horses, while the replica only had the dog and human drinking spouts.

Personal tools